Dell Repo Problem / Error

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon May 14 12:48:40 CDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:23:00AM -0600, Sturgis, Grant wrote:

> > Thanks for the logs. Looking at the logs, it is barfing trying to parse
> > the header.info file from the repo. Do you have any transparent proxies
> > or other proxies at all? It looks to me like you are getting somehow a
> > corrupted copy of the header.info file. (I believe that up2date stores
> > this under /var/cache/up2date somewhere. You should be able to compare
> > this copy with the actual copy to see what the problem is.)
>
> I do have transparent proxies, but for http only, not for https.

Ah, well that would explain it. Somehow your proxies have either (A) old
content, or (B) corrupted content. I've seen this exact problem myself
on many occasions (with different symptoms since I was using newer yum).

Any way to bypass the proxies? All of our repo content is served via
http.

> I don't have any header.info file...
>

> > You might be also able to clear the cache to see if it clears the
> > problem up.
>
> How would I do that?  Delete everything from /var/spool/up2date?

Essentially.
--
Michael