mirroring hardware repository

Eric Yablonowitz eyablon at tripadvisor.com
Fri May 4 07:19:47 CDT 2007

Hello,

Per one of Michael Brown's posts, I have been using lftp to mirror
the http://linux.dell.com/repo/software/ repository for a little
while now.  I would like to do the same with http://linux.dell.com/
repo/hardware/.  However it appears that there are hard links being
used and my mirror had grown to over 10GB before I killed lftp.  Ah,
how easy this would be with rsync (and symlinks)!

Now I know I can recreate the repository from the Server Assistant
CD, but ideally I only want to have to do this work once and then
have the mirror automatically updated  (like all my other mirrors).

I noticed that the http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/ index page
mentions using reposync, but this only seems to mirror the RPMs for
the specific machine-type from which I am running reposync.  Whereas
I want a fully functional mirror that works exactly like the Dell
repo for all Dell machine types.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Eric