System Fan 4 on a Dell Poweredge 2550?

Brian Ruppert brian.ruppert at lexi.com
Wed Mar 28 07:43:13 CST 2007

  David..

  See the Dell PowerEdge 2550 Systems Service Manual
(http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pe2550/en/sm/remove.htm)

  It appears that FAN 4 is located in the memory module cooling shroud.

  -- Brian

David Frascone wrote:
> So -- no one?  No one knows where "System Fan 4" is?
>
> -Dave
>
> David Frascone wrote:
>
>> I'm getting an error (and flashing orange light) because System Fan 4 is
>> not turning (RPM: 0) on my PowerEdge 2550.
>>
>> Where, exactly is System Fan 4?  I only see a bank of 3 fans.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> -Dave

LEXI-COMP CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this electronic mail is intended for the named
recipients only.  Any use of this information by anyone other than
the intended receiver is prohibited.  If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
to this electronic e-mail or by calling 330-650-6506.  Please delete
it from your computer.  Thank you.