SAN

Mad Unix madunix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:44:30 CST 2007

I need your input regarding this SAN spec, can i get it from DELL

Shared Storage Array Fiber Channel Technical Specifications
Redundancy All components must be hot pluggable (No downtime.)
Storage Processor Dual Redundant Storage Processor Active/ Active
Power Supplies & FANS Redundant power supply, cooling unit
RAID levels RAID 0, 1, 1/0, 3 and 5
SAN Switches 2x Fiber Channel Switch 16 ports 4Gb (8 active)
 12x Optical cable LC-LC 5 Meter cable
Storage Capacity Supports up to 33TB raw storage capacity with Fiber Channel
drives
Drives Available  min 14x 146GB drives (10k rpm) disks with min 2Gbit dual
ports Fiber Channel interface (2TB raw storage capacity)
Cache  min 2GB battery backed cache
OS support Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft Windows 2000, Sun Solaris,
 Redhat Linux, SuSE Linux, AIX, HP-UX

Supported hosts min 64 HA SAN connected servers

Front end connectivity 4 Fiber Channel front end ports (2ports per
controller)
(Host Ports)

Back End Connectivity   4 Fiber Channel back end ports (2 ports per
controller)
(Drive Ports) 1 redundant back end loop

Available software Fail over and load balancing software for multi-path I/O.
Host Bus adapters 8x Fiber Channel (single ports) 4Gbps PCI - Express HBA
card
Managment Software is a must
Warranty  Three Years on-site Haradware (Parts & Labor) + software