Problem installing Redhat Enterprise Linux ES 4 on PowerEdge 2800

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Mon Mar 19 10:47:54 CST 2007

When I try to boot my PowerEdge 2800 off my RHEL ES4 install disk, the install
hangs when it gets to (or just past) installing the SCSI drivers. I tried using
the latest install disks (update 4) and it gets to the point where it asks if I
want to check the install disk for errors. At that point, the keyboard no longer
works, so I can't get past that dialog box. Bottom line, I can't install in OS
on this computer. I can't even boot into rescue mode. I've tried various
options, like the one the prevents probing for devices, but that didn't work.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how Dell got the OS on there in the first
place.

Can someone help?

Bill Tangren