File Permissions in OMSA 5.2 (SLES10)

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 07:56:38 CDT 2007

After installing OMSA 5.2 on a number of Poweredge 2950s running SLES 10,
I seem to have ended up with a collection of world writable files:

   /var/log/TTY_00000000.log
   /var/log/ssevt.log
   /opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/.omaipc
   /opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/log/cachecfg.txt
   /opt/dell/srvadmin/shared/.ipc/.sharedipc

/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/.omaipc is part of the srvadmin-omacore RPM. The
other 4 files seem to be created as the various monitoring packages start.

Is there an easy way to fix the file permissions? Two of the files:

   /opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/log/cachecfg.txt
   /var/log/TTY_00000000.log

are recreated on boot, so a simple chmod doesn't help.

My fallback would be to restrict access to /var/log and /opt/dell. The CLI
is the only part of OMSA that I need.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.