error with fwupdate-repository

Jeff Potter jpotter-dell at codepuppy.com
Sat Jun 30 12:43:40 CDT 2007

I'm seeing a whole bunch of servers throw the below text when running
yum update. Maybe I missed Michael's big warnings about moving over
to the unsupported repo and need to nuke fwupdate-repository and set
up something new, but this seems odd, since there is a page at the
URL specified in the repo file -- the page isn't being exec'd by the
webserver, though.

Thoughts?

best,
Jeff

not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - use strict;
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - use CGI;
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - my $cgi = new CGI;
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - use
File::Basename;
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - use Cwd
'abs_path';     # aka realpath()
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - print "Content-
type: text/plain\n\n";
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - my $osname =
$cgi->param('osname') || "null_OS";
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - my
$thisdir=abs_path(dirname($0));
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - my $server_name
= $ENV{"SERVER_NAME"} || "linux.dell.com";
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - my
$request_path = $ENV{"SCRIPT_NAME"} || "/repo/software/mirrors.pl";
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - my
$base_web_path = dirname($request_path);
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - if
($server_name eq "linux.dell.com") {
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
$server_name="repo.fwupdate.com";
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - }
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - $base_web_path
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - $server_name =~
s|/$||;
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - print "http://
$server_name/$base_web_path/cross-distro\n";