bootstrap for new yum setup

gman at infinex.com gman at infinex.com
Thu Jun 28 17:25:42 CDT 2007

Michael E Brown wrote:

> rpm -qa | grep libsmbios
> rpm -qa | grep firmware
>
> To ensure that the rest of the RPMS you need are installed (I am 99.99%
> confident they are.)

[root at hosta etc]# rpm -qa | grep libsmbios ; rpm -qa | grep firmware
libsmbios-bin-0.13.7-1.el4
libsmbios-libs-0.13.7-1.el4
firmware-tools-1.3.0-1.el4
firmware-addon-dell-1.3.0-1.el4
[root at hosta etc]#

> Thanks for your IP information. I looked through the logfiles and I see
> the problem, but I dont know why it is doing that. I see the following
> in the httpd access.log:
>
> GET /repo/hardware/mirrors.pl?sys_ven_id=$sys_ven_id&sys_dev_id=$sys_dev_id&osname=el4&basearch=x86_64&repo_config=$repo_config&dellsysidpluginver=$dellsysidpluginver HTTP/1.1
>
> This means that yum is not filling in the '$sys_ven_id' or '$sys_dev_id'
> variables like it is supposed to. The 'firmware-addon-dell' RPM has the
> dellsysidplugin.py which is supposed to fill these in.
>
> Can you send your /etc/yum.conf? Specifically, I am looking for
> plugins=1.

-------------------------
[root at hosta ~]# cat /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=centos-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

Oh. I just added plugins=1 and that seems to do the trick!