Error messages installing OMSA

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Thu Jun 28 17:21:21 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:11:24PM -0500, Fred Newtz wrote:
> I am getting the following errors when I am trying to install OMSA on RHEL5 with YUM.  Do I just need to uninstall those packages first or will that break something else?
>
> Error: mgmtst-racadm conflicts with srvadmin-racadm4
> Error: mgmtst-racadm conflicts with srvadmin-racadm5

You installed srvadmin-racadmN from the repos, right? But the
'mgmtst-racadm' you are installing from somewhere else, I suppose.
Correct?

In that case, you can probably:
    rpm -e srvadmin-all
    rpm -e srvadmin-racadm4 srvadmin-racadm5

The first line wont actually remove any srvadmin files, as it is just a
"meta" RPM to pull in the rest of the stack

The second line removes the conflicting RPMs so you can install the
mgmtst RPMs.

--
Michael