bootstrap for new yum setup

gman at infinex.com gman at infinex.com
Thu Jun 28 16:58:04 CDT 2007

Michael E Brown wrote:
> Your system is supported. So, the next trick is finding out why yum isnt
> installing OMSA. I suppose from looking at it, that it probably is
> connected to the dell-hw-indep-repository, but isnt seeing the
> dell-hw-specific-repository.
>
> A) Which version of yum are you using?

[root at hosta tmp]# yum --version
2.4.3
[root at hosta tmp]#

> B) rpm -qa | grep dell

[root at hosta tmp]# rpm -qa | grep dell
dell-hw-specific-repository-1-6.el4
dell-hw-indep-repository-1-10.el4
firmware-addon-dell-1.3.0-1.el4
[root at hosta tmp]#

> C) ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/*dell*

[root at hosta tmp]# ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/*dell*
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 822 Jun 27 16:10
/etc/yum.repos.d/dell-hw-indep-repository.repo
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 941 Jun 27 16:10
/etc/yum.repos.d/dell-hw-specific-repository.repo
[root at hosta tmp]#

> There are some yum debugging stuff we can do next, but I want the above
> as a baseline first. (also, can you privately send me the ip of your
> server so I can look in my httpd logs?)

I'll send that in another email now.