bootstrap for new yum setup

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Thu Jun 28 16:22:55 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 02:16:45PM -0700, gman at infinex.com wrote:
> Michael E Brown wrote:
> >I need your system id: getSystemId output would do.
> >--
> >Michael
> Here it is.
>
> Libsmbios:    0.13.7
> System ID:    0x01B3
> Product Name: PowerEdge 1950

Ok, thanks. I used that info to look in the repository to ensure that
OMSA is supported on your system. The SC line doesnt have OMSA support,
and most of the questions I get are from people who want OMSA on their
SC.

Your system is supported. So, the next trick is finding out why yum isnt
installing OMSA. I suppose from looking at it, that it probably is
connected to the dell-hw-indep-repository, but isnt seeing the
dell-hw-specific-repository.

A) Which version of yum are you using?
B) rpm -qa | grep dell
C) ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/*dell*

There are some yum debugging stuff we can do next, but I want the above
as a baseline first. (also, can you privately send me the ip of your
server so I can look in my httpd logs?)
--
Michael