Setup for Scientific Linux of dell repository failed

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Tue Jun 26 20:28:30 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 12:02:30AM +0200, Martin Flemming wrote:

> Hi, Michael !
>
> >I've done a simple two-line modification that adds 'sl-release' to the
> >list of "redhat-like" systems for the bootstrap script. This should get
> >you further. No guarantees that everything will work, but you should be
> >able to get the dell-*-repository RPMs installed now.
> >
> >Both software and hardware repo scripts updated.
>

> Ok, i've tested it on Scientific Linux 4 and 5 :
>
> software:
>
> SLD4-64
>
> Installation works :
>
> [pal21] /tmp # wget -q -O -
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/software/bootstrap.cgi | bash
> Downloading GPG key: http://linux.dell.com//repo/software/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell
>     Importing key into RPM.
>     Downloading GPG key:
> http://linux.dell.com//repo/software/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
>         Importing key into RPM.
>         Installing dell-repository-22-0.el4.noarch.rpm
>         Done!

Ok, good.

> But:
>

> [pal21] /etc/yum.repos.d # yum list
> Setting up repositories
> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: dell-software
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: dell-software
>

> ---->Change from el$releasever to el4a (maybe wanted and intended)

Hmm.

> [dell-software]
> name=Dell Software
> #baseurl=http://linux.dell.com/repo/software/el4
> mirrorlist=http://linux.dell.com/repo/software/mirrors.pl?osname=el4

I suppose I need to know what yum thinks that $releasever should be.
This should be filled out by yum.

Ah, I think I see what is going on here.

On RHEL 4 or RHEL 5, the redhat-release RPM always has version of
exactly '4AS', '4ES', '4WS', etc. or '5Client', '5Server'. I just strip
off the non-numeric part to come up with '4', or '5' in my mirrors.pl
script (and also in the bootstrap script).

On Scientific it looks like they are numbering it '4.4', '4.5', '5.0',
etc. This makes perfect sense, but my scripts dont handle it.

I've made some small adjustments to the scripts to try to handle this.
(basically strip off .X from the end.)

Can you please try it again with the original contents? (el$releasever)

> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell
>        file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
>
> then it's works !
>

> Hardware-Repository:  failed !
>
> [pal21] /tmp # wget -q -O -
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/bootstrap.cgi | bash
> Downloading GPG key: http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell
>     Importing key into RPM.
>     Downloading GPG key:
> http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
>      Importing key into RPM.
>      Failed to download RPM:
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/emptyrepo//x86_64/dell-hw-indep-repository/1-9/dell-hw-indep-repository-1-9.el4.4.noarch.rpm

Yes, this is the same problem here.

I've adjusted the bootstrap scripts as well, to strip off the extra .X.

Can you please try the bootstrap scripts and everything from scratch to
make sure I've gotten it all down? Thanks.

--
Michael