Reconstruct to RAID-10 using BIOS? (Perc 4/Di)

Mon Jun 25 14:35:44 CDT 2007

No there is no reconfiguration from single level RAID to double level
RAID. This is not a supported feature of any of the current PERC cards.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of John Buttery
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 2:29 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Reconstruct to RAID-10 using BIOS? (Perc 4/Di)

  Last Friday night, I tried (unsuccessfully) to reconstruct an array on

a 4/Di controller in a PowerEdge 2850.  I rebooted, brought up the
controller management tool, inserted the new disks (went from two disks
to five, the plan is to have a 4-disk RAID-10 with a hot spare), then
selected two more disks.  When I went to the reconstruction submenu,
however, the only options I had were RAID-0 and RAID-5.
  Is it possible to reconstruct to RAID-10 using the BIOS utility?  If
so, how?

  Also, in related news, does anybody know where I can get some
documentation on the "dellmgr" utility?

--
John Buttery <johnb at academicsuperstore.com>
System Administrator