Reconstruct to RAID-10 using BIOS? (Perc 4/Di)

John Buttery johnb+linuxpoweredge at academicsuperstore.com
Mon Jun 25 14:28:56 CDT 2007

  Last Friday night, I tried (unsuccessfully) to reconstruct an array on
a 4/Di controller in a PowerEdge 2850.  I rebooted, brought up the
controller management tool, inserted the new disks (went from two disks
to five, the plan is to have a 4-disk RAID-10 with a hot spare), then
selected two more disks.  When I went to the reconstruction submenu,
however, the only options I had were RAID-0 and RAID-5.
  Is it possible to reconstruct to RAID-10 using the BIOS utility?  If
so, how?

  Also, in related news, does anybody know where I can get some
documentation on the "dellmgr" utility?

--
John Buttery <johnb at academicsuperstore.com>
System Administrator