Setup for Scientific Linux of dell repository failed

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Jun 25 13:06:39 CDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 09:47:23AM +0200, Martin Flemming wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I wonder that the description under
>
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/
>
> >How to set up for usage with yum (minimum required version: yum 2.4.x):
> >RHEL5, CentOS, Scientific Linux, RHEL4+yum, SLES+yum
> >
> >wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/bootstrap.cgi | bash
>
> failed for Scientific Linux ....
>

> I've got a Scientific Linux SL release 4.4 Machine
>
> [lxlab10] /tmp # cat /etc/issue
> Scientific Linux SL release 4.4 (Beryllium)
>
> And if i want to setup the dell-repository, i've got following error message :
>
> [lxlab10] /tmp # wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/bootstrap.cgi | bash
>
> Unable to determine that you are running an OS I know about.
> Handled OSs include Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS,
> Fedora Core and Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise Server and OpenSUSE
>

> The same for Scientific Linux SL release 5.0 (Boron) ..
>

> I've downloaded the bootstrap.cgi and set a "#!/bin/sh -x"
> in the beginning of the script and execute it again ..
>

> [lxlab10] /tmp # ./bootstrap.cgi
> + PUBLIC_HARDWARE_SERVER=http://linux.dell.com
> + PUBLIC_HARDWARE_REPO_URL=/repo/hardware
> + HARDWARE_SERVER=http://linux.dell.com
> + HARDWARE_REPO_URL=/repo/hardware
> + GPG_KEY[0]=http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell
> + GPG_KEY[1]=http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
> + CHECK_REPO_SIGNATURE=1
> + REPO_RPM_VER=1-9
> + REPO_NAME=dell-hw-indep
> ++ distro_version
> ++ dist=unknown
> ++ '[' '!' -e /bin/rpm ']'
> +++ rpm -q --whatprovides redhat-release
> +++ tail -n1
> ++ WHATPROVIDES_REDHAT_RELEASE=sl-release-4.4-4.noarch
> ++ rpm -q --whatprovides redhat-release
> +++ echo sl-release-4.4-4.noarch
> +++ grep redhat-release
> ++ echo sl-release-4.4-4.noarch

I've done a simple two-line modification that adds 'sl-release' to the
list of "redhat-like" systems for the bootstrap script. This should get
you further. No guarantees that everything will work, but you should be
able to get the dell-*-repository RPMs installed now.

Both software and hardware repo scripts updated.

--
Michael