Tunning

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Mon Jun 25 08:03:47 CDT 2007

"I am in the process to optimize my system, and to find out which points
can be improved.
I started with sime tools such as ps, top, hdparm ..etc to monitor and
keep track of the system.
What would you recommend to fine tunning Linux system to work at max.
performance.

 System:
Dell PE 2950, 8G, 6x146G SAS Raid 5,PERC 5/i
RHEL4U5, Oracle10g, PHP5.x, Apache2.x,2.6.9-55.ELsmp
--
madunix  "

We have exactly the same config for our DB servers(Db2, Ingres, Sybase)
and we found RAID 10 to be faster than RAID 5.  We took a bit if a space
hit, but it was a good tradeoff.

Regards, Marshall