Setup for Scientific Linux of dell repository failed

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Mon Jun 25 00:31:52 CDT 2007

Hi, Michael !

Yes, of course  i would  tested it !

Thanks, for your efforts !

Cheers,

         Martin

P.S.:
The hint by John, to edit the /etc/redhat-release-file dosen't work
because it's a "rpm -q --whatprovides" command which certify the Distro
and not only the file-entry in "/etc/redhat-release" ...

And to search in the mailing-list is very painful, because there is no
"search"-function for it ... only to download separatly each month-archive
.. and i'm new on this list (since april) and haven't much mails in my
inbox ... maybe it's helpful to have furhter link to download the full raw archive

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com wrote:

> The intention is that SL *should* work with the repo, as it is just recompiled Red Hat.
>
> In practice, however, you seem to be the first to try it. You gave enough information below that I should be able to update the bootstrap script tomorrow. If I make the changes to the bootstrap script, would you be willing to test them?
> --
> Michael

Gruss

        Martin Flemming