PE 1855 / QLogic 2312 / RHEL 5

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Thu Jun 21 06:25:38 CDT 2007

The driver that Dell support for QLogic 2342M was embedded in RHEL 4 U4. I do not know if it is still in the RHEL 5 release...
Does the system load the driver? Does it detect the HBA? You should see this in dmesg. Since you know that it is using the ISP2312 ASIC I guess it does?

Best way to check if it works is to try to use it.

Also, the driver package available on support.dell.com includes the source code for the RHEL 4 and SLES 9 driver. You could try to compile and load it on RHEL 5.

Fibre Channel: QLogic Dell 2342M - FC HBA, Dell 2362M FC HBA, Driver, Enterprise Linux 4, English, PowerEdge 1855, 1955, 6850, v.8.01.04b3, A00

http://ftp.us.dell.com/fibre-channel/qlafc-linux-8.01.04-3-install.tgz

But remember, if you get it to work. You will still be running a non supported solution, and if you need support you might very well end up in an argumentation with support...

Regards
Harald Jensås