Poweredge 1850 freaked out!

John jses27 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:51:21 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 12:35 +0100, Duncan Hill wrote:
> On Wed, June 20, 2007 12:22, John wrote:
>
> > I have RHEL 4.4 install on a system and on reboot when there's a USB
> > drive physically connected to the server I get these same consistant errno.. Thus can not
> > have it connected at boot time and boot init 3.
> >
> > Also upgraded to latest kernel, didn't help... I'm taking sejustions also on this.
>
> I can't offer answers, but I've seen similar behaviour on a 1850 box with a RHEL/CentOS
> 4.4 when the DRAC is accessed with the CDROM connected.  I never found a software
> solution, other than disabling the CDROM.

Thanks on the info. I am just assuming the CDROM is like the one I had
errors with. It was USB interface connection (or are you referring to a
Virtual CDROM)? Ive tried the latest Kernel for RHEL4.4 and USBUtils
(usbutils-0.11-7.RHEL4.1 & 2.6.9-55.ELsmp), also this happens with any
USB Connected Device. Maybe it has something to do with SCSI Emulation
on I/O.

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079