OMSA 5.2, RHEL5 on a Poweredge 860

Robin Yamaguchi rhy at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 20 15:21:06 CDT 2007

I solved my problem by removing all srvadmin-* rpms, rm -rf /opt/dell.  I
went back to using OM_5.2.0_ManNode_A00.tar.gz, downloaded from
support.dell.com.  I installed just the CLI and Web Server components (not
the storage management option), and all is now well.

Interestingly, when I try and install the Storage Management component (rpm
srvadmin-storage), I am able to reproduce my original problem.

I need to spend more time with this before asking again for more help.  I
hope this helps someone in the future at least.

 -Robin

Robin H. Yamaguchi
Physics Computing Services
UC Santa Barbara