64 bit Debian Etch

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian.cavalotti at lip6.fr
Wed Jun 20 12:40:59 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 03:41:28 pm Oliver König wrote:
> Hello,
> i have a Poweredge 1950 with 2 146 GB SAS (10,000rpm) 2.5 in hard
> drives and I tried to install a 64 bit Debian Etch on it but the hard
> drives were not recognized by the 64 bit system. Is there a way to
> make 64 bit Debian Etch work on my PE 1950? If so,please let me know
> how. Thanks!

megaraid_sas and mptsas should be included in the default Etch install
kernel, so your disks should be recognized by the installer. Are they
detected during the installation and disappear after the first reboot,
or aren't they recognized at all?

In the first case, be sure to choose YAIRD and not INITRD during the
installation, and if it's not sufficient, you can try to follow that:
http://theibm..com/2006/07/procedure-for-installing-debian-etch.html

Cheers,
--
Kilian