OMSA 5.2, RHEL5 on a Poweredge 860

Robin Yamaguchi rhy at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 20 11:46:23 CDT 2007

I am attempting to installed OMSA 5.2 on a poweredge 860 running rhel5.  I
first installed OM_5.2.0_ManNode_A00.tar.gz, listed for this server under
support.dell.com.  Everything installed correctly, and I can query omreport
and https://localhost:1311 loads correctly, but it does not display any
information about my hardware:

> [root at tartufo src]# omreport chassis
> Health
>
> For further help, type the command followed by -?
>
> [root at tartufo src]#

I found this site, http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/, followed the
instructions and reinstalled using yum.  Same results.  I rebooted for fun
and dumb luck, but same results.

I believe my modules are being loaded correctly:

mptctl                 26693  0
mptspi                 20169  0
mptscsih               25921  1 mptspi
mptbase                52833  3 mptctl,mptspi,mptscsih

In prior years working with older versions of OMSA and poweredge servers,
we've installed OMSA from rpm without problem.  If I recall, it was as
simple as installed the rpms, and visiting https://localhost:1311 or
running omreport.  My experience in troubleshooting OMSA installs is pretty
limited, so please excuse my ignorance.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Robin