SC1435 RAID monitoring under Gentoo

Ian P. Christian pookey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 03:47:31 CDT 2007

lspci shows the RAID card in the SC1435 as:
    LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068 PCI-X Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 01)

It is apparently a 'SAS 5iR U320 SAS Controller' according to my Dell
invoice.

Previously I have been able to monitor Dell RAID cards with MegaCli, however
attempting this on my new server results in this:

     # ./MegaCli -CfgDsply -aALL

    ERROR:Could not detect controller.

I've tried downloading several tools, however they are all RPM based and
have dependencies that can't be met on my system.  Can anyone suggest how I
can monitor my RAID on my server under Gentoo?

Thanks,

Ian