MegaCLI on Debian 64bit with udev

Sam Flory Sam.Flory at codegreennetworks.com
Fri Jun 15 12:21:41 CDT 2007

Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: DELL     Model: VIRTUAL DISK  IM Rev: 1998
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: SDR      Model: GEM318P          Rev: 1
>   Type:   Processor                        ANSI  SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 01 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: SEAGATE  Model: ST373207LC       Rev: D703
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 03
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 01 Id: 01 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: SEAGATE  Model: ST373207LC       Rev: D703
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 03

  I don't see any raid array.  You should see something like this:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PERC 5/i         Rev: 1.03
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05

  I don't see any raid array.  I see a pair of drives that aren't in an
array.  A backplane controller.  A something label Dell's virtual disk.
(some sort of virtual floppy drive?)  You should see something like this:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PERC 5/i         Rev: 1.03
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05

or this for the older megaraid which uses a different tool.
ost: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD 0 RAID5  419G Rev: 522A
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

> I'm isueing this on 1955 and 1855.

  The 1955 has a SAS5i/r.  It might be an lsi logic controller but it's
not able to use the mega raid utils.