RHEL5 on a PowerEdge 840

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jun 15 05:06:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

I just got a couple of brand new PE 840 (basic towers, to be used
inside an office, close to the workers). They're quite silent, making
about as much noise as a Precision 380/390, no more... neat!

My problem is that booting a RHEL5 x86_64 install media, the "Loading
vmlinuz" line prints a few dots then stops. Num Lock still works, but
the install goes no further.

Has anyone already seen this? Is there any boot parameter I could pass
which could fix this problem? I've searched a bit, but found nothing...

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
Load : 1.78 0.97 0.79