key mapping with DRAC5 console and OSX X11

Morten.Finborud at hydro.com Morten.Finborud at hydro.com
Fri Jun 15 02:30:27 CDT 2007

Hi group

I have the same problem on the Drac/MC (on a PE1855 chassis)when I use a
browser on a linux box with the display set to any Sun equipment. Have in
reality given up, and use a Linux box as display, even though it means I
have to have yet another piece of equipment under my desc...

Morten Finborud
Hydro IS Partner

>Hi,
>
>I have a 2950 with DRAC5 card.  I have Firefox running on another
>cluster machine to connect to DRAC5.  The firefox display is sent over
>X11 to a mac OSX machine (my usual setup for administering this
>cluster).  This normally works fine.  However, when trying to use the
>console redirection plug-in in firefox to get to the DRAC5 console, the
>keyboard mapping is fubar.  Some example key presses and resulting
>characters: l,k k,' j,l q,- 1,e 2,r ...  If I replace the OSX client
>with a Linux box, then all is fine.>
>
>Does anybody have a suggestion for making this (admittedly somewhat odd)
>setup work?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom Rockwell
>Michigan State U.

NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous
e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
any of the information contained in or attached to this message is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the e-mail and attached
documents. Thank you.