ubuntu 7.04 Install cannot find hard drives, with 9k646 Raid card

Joshua Schmidlkofer joshland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:03:06 CDT 2007

Scott et. All,

The MegaRAID support people dropped support for the cards such as the Dell
ATA100.  I don't know much about why.  I have a similar problem.  I have a
system that will not run any kernel past 2.6.14. or something.

It currently runs 2.6.14.5, and that is the end of the road.

Can you boot with older CDs?

Sincerely,
  Joshua