IT Assistant - is there a linux version planned?

Nico_Terrey at Dell.com Nico_Terrey at Dell.com
Thu Jun 14 01:08:16 CDT 2007

Hi,

Just if you want to use Debian Etch + OMSA + Nagios - please take a look
on the link below (thats the plugin for nagios+omsa):

	http://www.cs.uta.fi/~pb72587/dellomsa/nrpe/

Regards,
Nico

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Dirkjan Bussink
Sent: Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007 21:25
To: Jim Nelson
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: IT Assistant - is there a linux version planned?

Jim Nelson wrote:

> I'd like to get e-mail notifications working for our systems running
> OMSA, but most of our remote sites don't have an always-on Windows
> machine, and we don't have any Windows machines at our datacenter...

Maybe you can look at monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Zabbix, or
any of the other freely available Unix monitoring systems. There are
some plugins available, based on stuff like omreport, ipmitool, megarc
and megacli. It will take some effort of you're totally new to this, but
you can create a very flexible system with email reporting, sms
notification services, etc.

--
Dirkjan Bussink