key mapping with DRAC5 console and OSX X11

Tom Rockwell rockwell at pa.msu.edu
Wed Jun 13 12:16:47 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a 2950 with DRAC5 card.  I have Firefox running on another
cluster machine to connect to DRAC5.  The firefox display is sent over
X11 to a mac OSX machine (my usual setup for administering this
cluster).  This normally works fine.  However, when trying to use the
console redirection plug-in in firefox to get to the DRAC5 console, the
keyboard mapping is fubar.  Some example key presses and resulting
characters: l,k k,' j,l q,- 1,e 2,r ...  If I replace the OSX client
with a Linux box, then all is fine.

Does anybody have a suggestion for making this (admittedly somewhat odd)
setup work?

Thanks,
Tom Rockwell
Michigan State U.