DellMgr for PERC5 cards

Frank Warnke frank at newspapersystems.com
Wed Jun 13 10:53:55 CDT 2007

On  Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:08:0, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:

> Hello the list.
>
> On my Dell Poweredge x8xx built with Perc4 cards, I used to use the
> DellMgr tool in order to manage the RAID array directly from Linux.
>
> Now, the new Dells are built with Perc5 cards. I would want to know if
> there is a DellMgr version fully compilant with the PERC5 cards. If it's
> not the case, do you know if LSI has developped a tool which replaces
> the DellMGR ?
>
> Thank you for your answers
>
> Best Regards,
> Olivier BONHOMME

I am responding to digest issue 36, sorry if this breaks the thread.

I also liked the simplicity of dellmgr/megamgr and have not found a
direct replacement for the PERC 5.  What I have been using is LSI's
Storage Manager on Dell 2900's with the PERC 5/i.  You can find it here;

http://www.lsilogic.com/storage_home/products_home/internal_raid/megaraid_sas/megaraid_sas_8308elp/index.html

Click the Support and Downloads tab and scroll down for the Storage
Manager for Linux.  I have installed it on several RHEL ES v4 systems.
If memory serves me right, I think it was a Java app.  It did what I
needed it to do, YMMV

Thanks,
Frank