RHEL 5 on 2950's slooooow boot. And on 2850s

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Jun 13 10:30:32 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, you wrote:
>  if thats all you needed, you could of compiled source rpms of openldap and
> samba.  the source rpms for fedora core 6 under the samba.org binaries
> section can be recompiled and work fine on centos.

I know that. I wanted to have a whole, hopefully tested and "certified"
system, so that I wouldn't need to track security updates myself etc.

RHEL5 had screwed up the following for me:

1. Perc/4's external SCSI performance is *abysmal* (broken kernel driver).
2. messagebus etc. boot-up issues

SIGH.

Cheers, Kuba