No more SNMP on Debian/etch with OMSA 5.2

chiel chiel at gmx.net
Tue Jun 12 09:27:00 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "chiel" <chiel at gmx.net>
To: <linux-poweredge at dell.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: No more SNMP on Debian/etch with OMSA 5.2

Ok, I found problem.
When I do "snmpwalk -v 1 -OS -c community localhost
.1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1", I don't get any output.
But when I do the following:
# /etc/init.d/snmpd stop
# snmpd

and then do a snmpwalk, it works.
Anybody knows how to make it function with the init.d script? otherwhise I
will not work after a reboot