Raid Capability Detection

Tue Jun 12 09:16:35 CDT 2007

If these are all sysfs based distros you can use that.

`cat /sys/class/scsi_host/host?/proc_name`

This will list the devices and their drivers. The drivers aacraid,
megaraid, and megaraid_sas are RAID drivers. Everything else is just
plain SCSI/SAS.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Olivier BONHOMME
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:29 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Raid Capability Detection

Hello Everybody,

I am working right now on a architecture based on differents Poweredge
Systems. The problem is that I have servers with Ultra SCSI Card without

RAID Capability and others with Perc Controlers with RAID capability.

I would want to know if there is a generic way to detect the model card
and if it is possible to know if the controler is RAID capable or not. I

would like to avoid to parse the lspci output because I have to do this
detection on several distrbutions on where the lspci output is
different.

Does somebody have any idea to do that ?

Thank you for your answers

Best Regards,
Olivier BONHOMME