Raid Capability Detection

Olivier BONHOMME obonhomme at nerim.net
Tue Jun 12 04:28:49 CDT 2007

Hello Everybody,

I am working right now on a architecture based on differents Poweredge
Systems. The problem is that I have servers with Ultra SCSI Card without
RAID Capability and others with Perc Controlers with RAID capability.

I would want to know if there is a generic way to detect the model card
and if it is possible to know if the controler is RAID capable or not. I
would like to avoid to parse the lspci output because I have to do this
detection on several distrbutions on where the lspci output is different.

Does somebody have any idea to do that ?

Thank you for your answers

Best Regards,
Olivier BONHOMME