RHEL3 : Installing software without an up2date RHN account ?

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Mon Jun 11 10:30:43 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 01:04:32AM +0200, Florent Gilain wrote:
> Yes, my goal was to have a "test platform" in order to apply modifications
> on it before putting it into production platform (for which i have valid
> RHEL licence and account  ;-))  )

Use CentOS 3 for testing.  This would be the easiest way.

You _can_ legally use RHEL3 without a "license" (it's open source after
all), but you cannot legally get access to RH's binary RPM's.  You'd
need to download the SRPM's they make freely available and compile them
yourself. :)

I'd recommend either buying a subscription to RHN or just using CentOS
3.  Or the 30-day RHN trial as someone else mentioned.

Ray