Reconstructing RAID-0 to RAID-10 using omconfig

Peter Walker petwa at pml.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 04:26:09 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 06:24 +0200, Harald_Jensas at dell.com wrote:

> It might be that one would have to manually reconfigure to a RAID 1 array first by doing:
>
> omconfig storage vdisk action=reconfigure controller=0 vdisk=0 raid=r1 size=132g adisk=0:0,0:1
>
> and then do:
> omconfig storage vdisk action=reconfigure controller=0 vdisk=0 raid=r10 size=264g adisk=0:0,0:1,0:2,0:3
>
> to get tor RAID 10.

I don't think the PERC 4/Di supports this with omconfig. I can't get it
to work with a PERC 4e/DC.

Cheers,

Pete

Plymouth Marine Laboratory
Prospect Place
Plymouth
PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222
Company No. 4178503

PML is a member of the Plymouth Marine Sciences Partnership
Website: www.pmsp.org.uk

This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.
If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose
it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way.
Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail
forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies
or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not
the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete or contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory
accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by
software viruses.