RHEL3 : Installing software without an up2date RHN account ?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:53:16 CDT 2007

On 6/9/07, Florent Gilain <florent.gilain at direct-energie.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I want to use a VMWare system to try running RHEL3 but I have no Red Hat
> Network account to use up2date to allow me to use up2date to update my
> system.

1) This has very little to do with poweredge hardware.

2) If you do not have an RHN account and valid licenses.. you shouldnt
be installing RHEL on your system.. a) its in bad taste, b) it
violates the terms and agreements for using RHEL.

3) Using CentOS or Scientific Linux might be a better solution to use
versus RHEL as you will be able to have legal access to the binaries.