ground connectors

Hostmaster Hostmaster at computerservicecentre.com
Fri Jun 8 03:49:19 CDT 2007

Hi Rob,

Assuming I am understanding your reference to internal and external frames
correctly, I would get the PDU's and the cab individually grounded to earth,
however I thoroughly suggest that you consult a qualified electrical engineer if
not 100% certain of what you are doing. If an electrical fault develops and
things aren't as they should be, the results will either be:

a) Expensive,

b) Fatal, or

c) a combination of a) and b)

I certainly wouldn't leave things un-earthed, not only from a safety point of
view, but from a technical perspective as well - I recently had some very
difficult to diagnose issues with a KVM which turned out to be a ground fault!

Best Regards,

Richard Garner (A+, AMBCS, MOS-O)