Problem with CA's Disaster recovery

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Jun 7 21:38:58 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:09:58PM -0500, Steve_Holt at txspt.uscourts.gov wrote:
>    Is there a version of megaraid_sas adapter driver out there that will load
>    with the kernel 2.6.5-7.139-default (GNU/Linux) in place?  The closest I
>    have is from SuSE 9.3 kernel 2.6.5-7.244 and I get an "invalid module
>    format" error when trying to load it via insmod.

kernel 2.6.5-7.139-default is from Novell/SuSE Linux Enterprise Server
9, Service Pack 1.  So, you *should* be able to use the megaraid_sas
driver source from here:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/sas-raid/megaraid_sas-00.00.03.09-1.tgz
which contains the driver, and prebuilt modules for SLES9 SP3 in DKMS
format.  You grab the kernel-source files from SLES9 SP1 and have DKMS
rebuild the driver for you against that kernel.  The
megaraid_sas-v00.00.03.09-src.tgz file included inside the above .tgz
looks like it even has a SLES9 SP1-specific patch, which should make
it possible to build the driver with DKMS quite easily.

Hope this gives you enough pointers to get started.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch