Finding/removing an older *unknown* version of OpenManage

Jeff Fishbaugh email.fish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:48:56 CDT 2007

I do not have srvadmin-uninstall or any *previous* versions of OM installed
that I am able to locate (RPM based or otherwise). That is half the issue.
If I run the srvadmin-uninstall.sh that comes with OMI-5.0 (which I am
trying to install and can't cause it complains I have OM installed already),
it just errors out and quits with can't find any RPM pacakges.

So as a recap for anyone else that might reply, here is the issue at hand:

- trying to install OMI-5.0, get an error there is a previous version
installed
- I can not find any previous installations, RPM or source based (yes, I
looked with rpm -qal and similar and in all common paths for executables one
would expect)
- There is NO install or uninstall scripts I can find for this so-called
previously installed version
- The uninstall scripts that come with OMI-5.0 just says there are no RPM
packages installed when I run it and try to get the old version that is
supposedly installed, uninstalled.

I need the old version off as I have no omreports or anything else from the
old package.

Questions I can not answer - I do not know who installed it or what was
possibly previously installed

Be nice if some engineer type from Dell can round up some more brains for
this as I do not know how I have an old version of OM installed with no
traces of it, yet when installing but says there is. I would think there
should be some type of evidence somewhere that eludes to what is installed
or didn't get uninstalled properly but this appears not to be the case thus
far.

Thanks for the help and insight....

-Jeff

.