About KIPMI0 process

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Thu Jun 7 15:48:39 CDT 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007, Chris - PowerEdge Linux List wrote:
> [...]

Methinks that what you want is the user+system CPU percentage, not the load
value. Try this:

$ sar -u 2
Linux 2.6.20-1.2948.fc6 (locahost)       06/07/2007

04:45:44 PM
CPU     %user     %nice   %system   %iowait    %steal     %idle
04:45:46 PM       all      2.49      0.00      0.50      0.00      0.00
97.01
Average:          all      2.49      0.00      0.50      0.00      0.00
97.01

$sar -u 2 | awk '{last=$3 + $5}; END {print last}'
1.01

So, 1% utilization.

Cheers, Kuba