After upgrade to OMSA 5.2 on Etch nothing longer works

Alessandro FAGLIA a.faglia at farmol.it
Thu Jun 7 02:09:07 CDT 2007

Hi list.

On a PE840 with Debian Etch I've recently tried to upgrade OMSa from 5.1
to 5.2.
I had some problems, so I tried to do the same on a similar machine
(PE840 with SAS5iR).

This is the output of the installation and configuration procedure
(aptitude):
> cnsrv010:/etc/init.d# aptitude
> Setting up dellomsa (5.2.0-2) ...
> Checking that /etc/ld.so.conf contains required paths...
> ln: creating symbolic link `/etc/delloma.d/srvadmin' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omconfig' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omconfig': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omexec' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omexec': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omhelp' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omhelp': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omreport' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omreport': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omupdate' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omupdate': File exists
> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
> Starting ipmi driver: *
> Starting dataengine
> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
> Starting ipmi driver: *
> dpkg: error processing dellomsa (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  dellomsa
> A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
> Setting up dellomsa (5.2.0-2) ...
> Checking that /etc/ld.so.conf contains required paths...
> ln: creating symbolic link `/etc/delloma.d/srvadmin' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omconfig' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omconfig': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omexec' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omexec': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omhelp' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omhelp': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omreport' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omreport': File exists
> ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/omupdate' to
> `/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omupdate': File exists
> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
> Starting ipmi driver: *
> Starting dataengine
> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
> Starting ipmi driver: *
> dpkg: error processing dellomsa (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  dellomsa
> Press return to continue.
OMSA 5.1 was working (except for the storage controller, for which I'm
reporting my problems in another thread...).
I guess the problem is in the new deb package...

Has anybody experienced this problem? How can I fix it (at least where
to look)?

Thanks and regards.
Alessandro