Debian/GNU Linux OMSA 5.2 package

Hiroyuki Yoshimura yoshimurah at mahikari.or.jp
Wed Jun 6 21:40:46 CDT 2007

Dear John,

Thank's Retrun.

John Heim wrote:
> From: "Hiroyuki Yoshimura" <yoshimurah at mahikari.or.jp>
>> AND It operated almost. However, a omreport storage command doesn't move.
>>
>> /opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omreport system operatingsystem
>> Operating System Information
> [...]
>
> One thing you could do is get your raid status from mpt-status  instead
> of omreport. All  you may need to do is say 'apt-get install
> mpt-status'. You may need to install the version from debian testing
> instead of stable/etch. The version in etch didn't work for me but the
> one from testing did.

I tried mpt-status on stable version etch.

# cat /etc/debian_version
4.0
# modprobe mptctl
# mpt-status
ioc0 vol_id 0 type IM, 2 phy, 278 GB, state OPTIMAL, flags ENABLED
ioc0 phy 1 scsi_id 32 SEAGATE  ST3300555SS      T107, 279 GB, state ONLINE, flags NONE
ioc0 phy 0 scsi_id 1 SEAGATE  ST3300555SS      T107, 279 GB, state ONLINE, flags NONE

I could check status of SAS5iR RAID controller.

And, I want to know How to Raid construction operation.
create volume, Synchronize Mirror, etc...
I can do that on Dell SAS 5 Host us Adapter BIOS.
Can I operate it on debian?

I have Dell PowerEdge830 and I can Raid operation on debian.
I installed MegaMGR Linux of MegaRAID SCSI 320-0.

Perc 4/SC
megaraid: found 0x1000:0x1960:bus 3:slot 2:func 0
scsi0:Found MegaRAID controller at 0xe0821000, IRQ:209
megaraid: [351X:1.10] detected 1 logical drives.
megaraid: supports extended CDBs.
megaraid: channel[0] is raid.
scsi0 : LSI Logic MegaRAID 351X 254 commands 16 targs 4 chans 7 luns
Using anticipatory io scheduler
scsi0: scanning scsi channel 0 for logical drives.

Hiroyuki Yoshimura.