Problem with CA's Disaster recovery

Steve_Holt at txspt.uscourts.gov Steve_Holt at txspt.uscourts.gov
Wed Jun 6 08:56:07 CDT 2007

In this case, I can't.  The kernel is on the disaster recovery cd image
and I can't alter it.  :o(

CA Arcserve isn't being terribly helpful either.  I may look at ways to
compile the kernel and reburn the image.

Steve Holt
Network Administrator
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
(713) 250-5435

Dirkjan Bussink <dirkjan at ruby-sparks.nl>
06/05/2007 05:38 PM

Steve_Holt at txspt.uscourts.gov
cc
linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject
Re: Problem with CA's Disaster recovery

Steve_Holt at txspt.uscourts.gov wrote:

> Is there a version of megaraid_sas adapter driver out there that will
> load with the kernel 2.6.5-7.139-default (GNU/Linux) in place?  The
> closest I have is from SuSE 9.3 kernel 2.6.5-7.244 and I get an "invalid
> module format" error when trying to load it via insmod.
>
> This is for the dr cd that Brightstor Arcserve provides for disaster
> recovery.  It does not have the necessary driver for the LSI SAS 1068
> based RAID controller that comes with the Poweredge 2950.

I think the best thing you can do is to upgrade your kernel. 2.6.5 is
more than 3 years old and the Poweredge 2950 is much more recent. Is
there a possibility to upgrade the entire distribution version? More
recent versions of Suse will support this controller without any
problems. You can also compile your own kernel, there is a lot of
information on how to this floating around on the internet.

--
Dirkjan Bussink