LTO 4 encryption?

Dr. David Alan Gilbert dell at treblig.org
Tue Jun 5 12:11:28 CDT 2007

* Barry Allard (ballard at stanford.edu) wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> We're about to purchase a 2 drive LTO-4 Fibre-Channel tape lib shortly.  It
> is my understanding the backup software must support LTO-4 encryption key
> management.  Examples:
>
> [1] http://preview.tinyurl.com/2g844x
>
> [2] http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070505/tc_pcworld/131588

Hi Barry,
  Thanks for the reply and those links; so I suppose the follow
up is done anyone know if Legato can do that?
  The only other reply (asking on another list) was that there
is no standardisation between drives - so then the question
is what does one use with Dell LTO-4 drives (the 120T)
and how does it differ on the libraries when they arrive?

  I'm after a really simple setup; for starters I'd be happy
with knowing I've got no encryption - but encryption with a single
key would be nice.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /