Talking to OM IT Assistant

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 20:03:46 CDT 2007

  Starting ipmi driver:                                      [FAILED]
  Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
  Starting dell_rbu: Already started                         [  OK  ]
  Starting ipmi driver:                                      [FAILED]

Some more information.  After reading more, I'm focusing now on IPMI.

Not only does the IPMI driver fail, but when I try ipmitools, I get
the following error:

   # ipmitool sensor
   Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory
   Get Device ID command failed
   Unable to open SDR for reading

Any hints on how to solve this?  I have googled the error, and nothing
stands out for a solution.
   === Al