md3000 performance issues

Barry Allard ballard at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 4 18:59:47 CDT 2007

Hi Christopher,

I asked our ASG engineer about this; he happens to know the lead software
developer for it.  The switch on the front of the md3000 apparently does
nothing; it's the dell el-cheapo method of recycling the md1000 chassis into
another product.  With active-active controllers, it wouldn't make sense
anyhow.  Btw, have you been able to get disk groups (LUNs) larger than 2 TB?

Topology: we have an MD3000 (15 x 300GB 10k SAS, dual ctlrs) connected to
one each 1850, 1950 and 2850 with SAS 5/e.

Barry