Talking to OM IT Assistant

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 14:26:01 CDT 2007

I've been trying to get a 1650 running CentOS 4.5 to send it's reports
to Dell OM IT Assistant.

I've concluded that my snmp settings are probably good, since when I
log onto IT Assistant, and send a refresh inventory to the 1650, I get
snmp entries in the messages log on the 1650.

When I do a troubleshooting of SNMP connectivity, I do get an error
for "Set Community Names", but I don't think "Set Community" is
required, only "Get Community" which passes.

So here's what I get when I start the services:

  # srvadmin-services.sh start
  Waiting for mptctl driver registration to complete:
                                                             [  OK  ]

  Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
  Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
  Starting ipmi driver:                                      [FAILED]
  Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
  Starting dell_rbu: Already started                         [  OK  ]
  Starting ipmi driver:                                      [FAILED]
  Starting DSM SA Shared Services:                           [  OK  ]

  Starting DSM SA Connection Service:                        [  OK  ]

  Probe of RAC board: RAC pci device not found               [FAILED]
  Starting racvnc (RAC) services:                            [  OK  ]

What amongst the above list do I need to get the snmpd agent to be
able to send information back to the OM IT Assistant so that things
like tag information and other device details get sent back?

   === Al