OMSA 5.2 on CentOS 4.5 (final) doesn't show all info

Vincent Janelle Vincent.Janelle at active.com
Sun Jun 3 04:07:17 CDT 2007

/etc/init.d/ipmi start?

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Erik Cummings
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2007 12:28 AM
To: Michael E Brown
Cc: Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
Subject: RE: OMSA 5.2 on CentOS 4.5 (final) doesn't show all info

I was using the service dsm_  start ...

So, still appear to be in the same state - but I'm getting this
response...
[root at joy log]# srvadmin-services.sh start
Starting mptctl:
Waiting for mptctl driver registration to complete:
[  OK  ]

Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu: Already started[  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver: [FAILED]
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu: Already started[  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver: [FAILED]
Starting DSM SA Shared Services: [  OK  ]

Starting DSM SA Connection Service: [  OK  ]

[root at joy log]# srvadmin-services.sh status
dell_rbu (module) is stopped
ipmi driver is stopped
dsm_sa_datamgr32d is stopped
dsm_sa_eventmgr32d is stopped
dsm_sa_snmp32d is stopped
dsm_om_shrsvc32d (pid 19016) is running
dsm_om_connsvc32d (pid 19086 19085) is running
[root at joy log]#

Seems like a problem with IPMI driver???

Nothing in logs that seems to refer or reflect this.

Is there a debug/verbose switch?

Erik