Any way to detect server model?

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Wed Feb 28 18:26:20 CST 2007

Trying to automate some kickstart decisions.  Is there any reliable way to
determine what type of server platform a particular installation is running
on?  Something visible either through dmesg or /proc, or some other utility?
Something that can be used from a shell script.

I suppose I could have the user pass the server model as an argument when
booting off the boot media and have kickstart read it out of /proc/cmdline,
but I prefer automation if possible.

Or any best practices/procedures you guys use.

Ray